Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Hey all! (Hi, beautiful wife!!)

Thanks for stopping by my blog, which is really gaining momentum now. My dog sniffed the area by the laptop earlier, so I'm counting that as a "hit."


NOT ENOUGH LOVE IN THE WORLD
People often come up to me and ask me for my advice (I'm making this up, so please play along). They say, "Travis" (because many people either think my first name is, Travis, or they simply don't care)...
Just the other day, a little girl came up to me on the street while I was saving a puppy from a fire and she said, "Travis, what in the world is going on these days? There's so much strife and pain, and not nearly enough love in the world. What are your thoughs, oh wise one?"

So I grab my guitar (which is, of course, sitting right by me) and I start to sing...while petting the puppy that I just saved from the fire. The words just come to me...

Sometimes I wonder where it is love goes
I don't know if even Heaven knows
But I know you had some dreams that didn't
Quite come true
And now I'm not the one, little girl, who's
Keeping you
I was either standing in your shadow or
Blocking your light
Though I kept on trying I could not make
It right
For you girl-
There's just not enough love in the world


Yeah. True story. Okay, those words may have been sung by Don Henley. Anyway, where was I?

Oh yeah...there really has been some crazy stuff going on in the world lately. One of the biggest shocks of the week, if not the year, has been making headlines today. Yep, you guessed it...Kristin Stewart apparently cheated on Robert Pattinson. If you are reading this and just spewed coffee or tea onto your computer because I just broke the news to you, I am sorry.

These allegations, which have rocked Hollywood to its core, has sent shockwaves from California to, well, St. Louis. I've seen Kristin Stewart's name all over the place, as I've been surfing the web. I've seen Kristin Stewart's name and face all over the place, as I've switched through channels on the TV. Two questions keep popping into my head, as I try to wrap my head around this heinous scandal. Number 1: Who is Kristin Stewart? (Sorry, I'm out of the loop.) And number 2: Why? Why? Why should we care?

Okay, I guess it could be important for some. Sure, there have been lives lost and souls haunted by the senseless shooting in Aurora, Colorado (I pray for the victims and their families). Ahh, but that's not Hollywood. Will Kristin and Robert be able to patch things up? Will they find love again? Can he forgive her? (Sniff, sniff). And finally, who again is Kristin Stewart?

Really, I don't think there is enough love in the world.


MOVING ON UP
Sherman Hemsley died yesterday. He is best known as George Jefferson, the colorful character on "The Jeffersons." Oh, how I used to love that show. And that theme song was so darned catchy...

Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.

Fish don't fry in the kitchen;
Beans don't burn on the grill.
Took a whole lotta tryin'
Just to get up that hill.
Now we're up in the big leagues
Gettin' our turn at bat.
As long as we live, it's you and me baby
There ain't nothin wrong with that.

Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.


You all just sang it and smiled, didn't you? I did. Rest in Peace, Mr. Hemsley.


USA! USA! USA!
I'm pretty excited for the Olympics. We got a little sneak preview with the U.S. women's team earning a 4-2 win over France on Wednesday (shoot, hope this wasn't a spoiler alert). I love watching Hope Solo, Alex Morgan, Carli Lloyd, Abby Wambach and the rest of the ladies in action.
I will be cheering for the USA with all my heart. I do think the Olympics can bring the nation just a bit closer together.

We need it. Because there's not enough love in the world.

Thanks for reading. And, hey, I love you. I mean it.

1 comment: