Wednesday, January 22, 2014

GOLD AND GLORY: THE LAUREN PERDUE STORY

GOLD AND GLORY: THE LAUREN PERDUE STORY



Gold and Glory: The Lauren Perdue Story is the authorized biography of LAUREN PERDUE, who is much more than just a gold-medal winning swimmer.

This is a story about a miracle. This is a story about triumph. This is a story about determination. This is a story about overcoming adversity. Most importantly, this is a story about faith.

This story shows how LAUREN PERDUE overcame a serious back injury to win a gold medal in the 2012 Summer Olympics. Lauren said she does it all for the glory of God.

Gold and Glory: The Lauren Perdue Story covers various aspects of Lauren's life, from how she got into swimming, how an injury almost ended her career, how faith helped carry her through several trials and tribulations, and the miracle that allowed Lauren to achieve a dream-come-true.

Here are just some other areas that Lauren touches on in the book:

* Her memorable encounter with NBA superstar LeBron James.


* Her performance in the popular "Call Me Maybe" video.
 


* Her bonding with Olympic teammates such as Ryan Lochte, Missy Franklin and Natalie Coughlin.
* Her performance in the pool.
* Her work with the Fitter & Faster Tour.
* Being a member of Team Elite, which includes such greats at Ryan Lochte and Roy Burch.
* What it's like to have her own statue.
*  How she feels about being a role model.
* Her plans for the future.
* Her favorite Bible verses.

Family, friends, coaches, church members and colleagues, including a U.S. Olympic teammate, are among those who offer their thoughts about Lauren.

INTERVIEWS

 
Lauren talked about Gold and Glory: The Lauren Perdue Story, among other things, on Pirate Radio 1250.
 
 
 
Lauren also talked about the book and other aspects of her life with WITN in Greenville, North Carolina. You can listen to the interview, both the one that aired on television and the raw interview with Chris Obarski, here:
 
 
 

ORDERING BOOKS

Copies of the book are available on Kindle and in paperback. You can go to Amazon.com to order the Kindle and/or paperback versions, and to createspace.com to order paperback versions. The Kindle price is $9.99 while the paperback version is $15.99.
 
 
 
 
 

ORDERING SIGNED COPIES

Signed copies of the book are available. You may order copies signed by Lauren, signed by me (the author) or signed by both. Simply leave me a message on Facebook or email me at kevtrav77@yahoo.com. The cost of a signed book is $19.99 (which includes postage and handling).
 

 
 
 

QUOTES FROM LAUREN:

“Be strong, go with your heart, and believe in miracles because anything, anything can happen.”
Lauren Perdue
“He, obviously, knew my future before I did. He knew what would happen before I did. The whole year ahead of that with the back injury and the disappointments and that uncertainty, that was just preparing me for what He had planned and what He had already made for my life. I still think it was a miracle. I think I did have a good training base but, in the end, I think it was definitely strength from God that helped me achieve that goal.”
Lauren Perdue

“It hasn’t changed me at all. If anything, I think I’m more humble than I was to begin with. I view it as a blessing. It’s a gift from God. It’s something that He has blessed me with, so it’s not my doing. It’s a gift. It’s not something I would be prideful about or arrogant or stuck-up about. It’s something that I was given and something that I’ve dreamed about my whole life.”
Lauren Perdue

A bit of Lauren's life in pictures: 



Lauren won a gold medal in the 2012 Summer Olympics.

 
Lauren is just as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside.


Lauren and her sister, Meredith, are extremely close.


Lauren had a great time during the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.

 

 
Lauren and her dog, Lucy, are really close.

       Lauren shows off her gold medal.


The Perdue family.


Lauren and Meredith swam three years together at Virginia.


Lauren enjoying the moment at Opening Ceremonies in London.


The beautiful Lauren shows off her gold medal.


Lauren with Carole Feuerman and the lifelike sculpture of Lauren in New York.


Lauren and Ryan Lochte goofing around during a practice.
 

Lauren and her fans love each other.
 

 
Lauren is aiming for the 2016 Olympics in Rio.
 

 
 
 
Lauren Perdue with author Kevin Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment