Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A story came out today about the possibility of Jesus having a wife. A scrap of papyrus suggests that very idea.


Harvard professor finds evidence that suggests Jesus may have been married.


A Harvary scholar supposedly discovered a 4th century fragment of papyrus providing the first evidence that some early Christians believed that Jesus was married.

This Sept. 5, 2012 photo released by Harvard University shows a fourth century fragment of papyrus that divinity professor Karen L. King says is the only existing ancient text that quotes Jesus explicitly referring to having a wife. King, an expert in the history of Christianity, says the text contains a dialogue in which Jesus refers to "my wife," whom he identified as Mary. King says the fragment of Coptic script is a copy of a gospel, probably written in Greek in the second century. (AP Photo/Harvard University, Karen L. King)


Scholars are questioning the authenticity of the payrus.

During an international congress on Coptic studies in Rome, Karen King, a professor of early Christianity at Harvard Divinity School, announced the finding on Tuesday. The text on the papyrus, which is written in Coptic and likely translated from a 2nd century Greek text, suggests that Jesus refers to "my wife." Jesus identifies her as Mary.

Many scholars believe it's a fake, or a forgery.

I'm not near smart enough to figure it out. I found it to be a really interesting story.

Read more about it here: http://news.yahoo.com/harvard-claim-jesus-wife-papyrus-scrutinized-115436251.html

All I know is that I'm a firm believer in Jesus, and that I love the Lord.


FANTASY FOOTBALL UPDATE


I realize I'm really switching gears here, but it's what I do. My first week in Fantasy Football was a great one. I'm off to a 1-0 start, and my team scored the most points in Week 1, leaving me atop the standings.

My team, Awesome Allison, scored 130.12 points. The next closest team scored 116.90.

My backfield of Reggie Bush (31.70), C.J. Spiller (29.00) and quarterback Cam Newton (25.22) led the way. Of course, my defense, Green Bay with 19.00 points, also helped.


BOOK UPDATE

I'm in a holding pattern with my book, "Home Run from Heaven," at the moment.

My wonderful Mumsy is diligently editing my book. A buddy, Darryl Marsh, has been working on a cover for me.

I'm hoping to have it published sometime this month, or early next month.


SHOUTOUT OF THE DAY

Today's Shoutout goes to my sister-in-law, Louise D. She's an awesome lady, who will be running a half marathon with my beautiful wife in Octobor. (I've been training for my role as a supportive husband/brother-in-law by clapping my hands while sitting down. It's not easy, but I'm getting better at it.)


FLASHBACK OF THE DAY

A shot of the Bellevue Redmen cheerleaders from, ahem, a couple years ago. The group includes two of the sweetest, prettiest, coolest girls I know...Carolyn Wenner and Angie Bickhart.



Somebody who received plenty of cheers and applause as a Bellevue Redmen was Brad Bollinger, who was a superstar in high school. He was one of the most fun guys I had the chance to cover, a dynamic, explosive athlete and a great guy. Definitely one of the funniest guys I know.



A great golfer, and an ever greater girl, is Faith Hardison. She is super pretty, super funny, super sweet and super awesome. Faith, who went to Williamston High School in N.C., earned her way on to the ECU golf team.

 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment