Wednesday, September 5, 2012

KEVIN TRAVIS: AUTHOR -- THE EARLY YEARS


Once again, I will share some of my earliest works with you lucky readers and followers. (A sincere "thank you" for taking the time to read some of this goofiness.)

I don't recall exactly when I wrote this gem, but I think it was like second or third grade, if not sooner.


To think, this handsome devil on the right would not only turn out to be a cover model for romance books and muscle magazines (the "before" shot), but he would also turn out to be such a fine, well-respected writer. Well, at least his wife and his mom tells him he's pretty good.

By the way, I know I look stunning in the bow tie. And that's my older brother, Scott, on the left. He's now in jail. I KID! I KID! He's a teacher in Florida.

Today I am sharing with you, "Crawling in the Purse." The teacher gave me a "Very Good!!" on it. I know I had to have been beaming from big ear to big ear.

Crawling in a Purse

Someone called my name, John. I crawled into my mother's purse, then someone said, "Hi, I'm Mrs. Lipstick. Who are you?" Jhon (not sure if I was going for a foreign name or I just didn't know how to spell John after getting it right the first time).

Oh meet Mr. Comb and Grandfather Pen. Here comes our dog Glasses. Bark, bark. Oh shut up.
I'll go get Mr. Money. Here comes little Watch and his sister Tic Tac. And we wouldn't leave out Miss Petunia. She is going to the store to get some ink for Mrs. Pen.

Help, a giant is picking us up. Darn I spilled the ink. That's only my mother. Whoops, she dropped the purse. Ouch that smarts.

What smells so bad? Oh that's Mr. Sock. A sock in my mother's purse. Yek. There's Thomas the clock. Some strange things are in my mother's purse. There's a snake. No, no. That's my mother's necklace. Oh I guess that's all in Purseland except Mr. and Mrs. Appleseed. I wonder if Johnny Appleseed gave them that name.

There I'm out of Mom's purse now, but boy what a trip. And about that sock. I'm glad I got out.

The end.


SHOUTOUT OF THE DAY

The Shoutout goes to my wife, because she's so darned hot!

 

SONG OF THE DAY

"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun," by Cyndi Lauper. Just because, for some reason, it's in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment