Friday, September 7, 2012

READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL...

When the Cleveland Browns play the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday, I'll be ready. I may even wear my awesome, authentic Browns' training camp shorts that my friend, Brad Roach, sent to me.


Brad got them when he had a tryout with the Browns. He also had a stint with the Baltimore Ravens. I hate the Baltimore Ravens, but that's another story.

I know what you guys are thinking. "Sweet shorts. I wish I had a pair of real NFL shorts."

And I know what you ladies are thinking. "Heavens to Betsy, those are some fine legs. He must workout like once a year or so." Sorry, ladies, these legs belong to my beautiful wife, Allison.

She likes me in the shorts. Well, her exact words were, "It looks like a dress on you." But what I read into was, "Mmmm, you sure are some kind of beefcafe."

I think the Browns could use me. I can catch the ball, if it's thrown right at me and not too hard. And I can run the ball. I have a blazing "9.7" 40 time.

I've been known to sling the ball a time or two. I once threw 7 touchdown passes in a backyard football game. That's right, 7 of them!! It may have been with a Nerf football, but still. You gotta be impressed!

As a bonus, I could just wear these shorts. There is nobody on Cleveland's current roster wearing the No. 40. So....yeah.

A big, big "thank you" to Brad for thinking of me. Brad was a superstar quarterback, setting all kinds of records with the Williamston Tigers in high school and with the Catawba Indians in college. If it weren't for a shoulder injury, I believe Brad would be in the NFL right now. A great athlete and a greater guy!!

Brad also sent me a sweet wristband, that I will definitely wear. He started a company called, Life Armour: "God's armor brings victory because it is far more than a protective covering. It is the very life of Jesus Christ Himself."

The company's mission: "To reach as many people as possible, facilitating their relationship with Jesus Christ!"

Here is a sample of what they sell.


Check them out on their web site: http://lifearmourllc.com/

Or check them out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/LIFE-ARMOUR-LLC/172429549502934


PREP FOOTBALL....

I kind of wish I was in Ohio tonight. The Bellevue Redmen are playing the Clyde Fliers in a big rivalry. The schools are like 10 minutes apart. I witnessed a lot of great games between the two, calling the matchup, "Goliath vs. Goliath" in a sports column I did for the newspaper many moons ago.

No matter the records, the towns always get jazzed up for the battle. And it is a battle.

I think you can guess who I will be pulling for:

FANTASY TIME...

I haven't played Fantasy Football in a few years, but I got the itch to play again this year. My team, "Awesome Allison," takes over for my previous team name of "Mumsys Misfits."

I won a championship the last time I played, which gave me bragging rights to the walls in my apartment. If I win this year, I could brag to Allison, who I'm sure would just shrug her shoulders. Or I could brag to my dog, who would probably lick himself. I would take that as a "Congrats, man!! You're the best!! You should be  real head coach or owner!!"

I'm doing the auto-pick thing. The first guy I listed is Cam Newton of the Carolina Panthers. He had a sensational rookie season, and I think he'll put up huge numbers this year.


SHOUTOUT OF THE DAY


In sticking with the football theme, my Shoutout goes to the sweet Erin, one of my very favorite relatives. She's cheering for football this year. Isn't she so stinking cute? I love her like crazy!!


SONG OF THE DAY

Faith Hill and football...it's a good combination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GZ0IjQm7oE


No comments:

Post a Comment