Monday, August 6, 2012

Alex Morgan rules. That's all there is to it.

 

ALEX MORGAN RULES

And other nuggets of wisdom

Just when I thought the Trampoline event was going to be the heart-stopper of the Olympics, here comes the soccer game between the U.S. and Canada. I watched the whole thing. I was so mesmerized that I didn't even leave the couch to get a bag of potato chips!

Canada's Christine Sinclair had a phenomenal game by scoring all three of her team's goals. But the U.S. came through in the clutch to win, 4-3, in extra time. Oh, sorry, I should have put "spoiler alert" or something like that at the top.

Megan Rampinoe had two tying goals for the U.S., and Abby Wambach's goal on a penalty kick made it 3-3.

Alex Morgan, who thinks I'm super cute (okay, I may have made that part up), had the biggest goal of the night. Her header in the late, late stages of the match gave the U.S. the win, sending the Americans to the gold medal match against Japan. That contest will take place Thursday.

The kid just comes through in the clutch. Alex Morgan rules. That's all there is to it.

OTHER GAMES I'D LIKE TO SEE

I'm all psyched to catch some Trampoline action. Our neighbor girls have a Trampoline, but so far all I've seen them do is jump up and down on it. I'm not sure if they are practicing for an upcoming Olympics, or just giggling and talking about boys while jumping up and down.

There are some other games I'd like to see in the Olympics. How about Hide and Seek? Or Kick the Can? Oh, I used to rule at Kick the Can.

Maybe Marco Polo? Of course, I wouldn't participate in that. I'm not that strong a swimmer. Or Tag? You can have individual Tag and team Tag. I think I may be on to something.



SONG OF THE MOMENT

Along with my Thor Photo of the Day, I think I will start a Song of the Moment. I grew all nostalgic while "jamming" out to my Pandora during my rather so-so workout this morning.

Today's Song of the Moment is, "Come On Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners. It's just a feel good song that puts you in a good mood.


SHOUTOUT TIME

I'm also going to come up with a Shoutout Time, where I will give a shoutout to a friend, fellow writer, athlete, or whatever I feel like...because it's my blog.

Today's shoutout goes to Kimmy Kim, who does some great comedy stuff. Check her out on Facebook and YouTube. She is hilarious.


https://www.facebook.com/#!/HollywoodisHard/info


https://www.facebook.com/#!/HeyKimmyKim


http://youtube.com/hollywoodishard

No comments:

Post a Comment