Thursday, August 16, 2012

IT'S RAINING; IT'S POURING; MY DOGGY IS SNORING


I came down to the basement to do some work. When I first came down here, it was nice and sunny outside. Now, it is raining and thundering. I thought it was thundering earlier, but that was just my dog, Thor, snoring away.

He's had a rough day. He went for a walk...six hours ago...and he's gobbled down some pretzels (bad daddy giving him "people" food). I draw the line at chocolate and wine. I'm selfish like that.

The thunder has me thinking about our other dog, Tasha. She is a sweet, slow-moving, 9-year-old Olde English Bulldog that absolutely hates storms. She is pictured below resting under the house, or playing hide-and-seek. (Doesn't look comfortable to me, but she seems to be enjoying it.)


Tasha will follow Allison, my beautiful wife, wherever she goes, within millimeters of her feet. The old gal has been known to shake and shiver when thunder comes rolling around. (For the record, I'm talking about Tasha here. My wife is not an old gal. But my wife has been known to shake her...well, never mind.)

Tasha seeks shelter under tables or, if she happens to be alone at bedtime, in the bathroom. I'm not sure why she goes in there, but maybe she figures if a tornado comes...or if she's feeling dirty and wants to get clean...she can hop into the shower. Seeing how she likes to roll in the dirt, I'm thinking "shower" isn't her first choice.

PRAISE TO MY BETROTHED

My lovely wife made my day yesterday. Well, she actually makes my day every day, but yesterday was special.

She presented me her edited version of my book, "Home Run From Heaven." I appreciate her so much for taking the time to not only read it, but to come up with some great suggestions. She even caught a few missing words, wrong words, etc.

I'm a blessed man that I landed her.

SHOUTOUT OF THE DAY

This shoutout goes to Tommy Mygrant. Check him out here on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tommy-Mygrant/121419721213726?sk=info)

Tommy is a true success story. Here is his bio on his Facebook page:
Independant Team Beachbody Coach from North Central Ohio. I became a corporate success story after losing 112 lbs with Beachbody programs like P90X and Shakeology. Honors include 2009 Million Dollar Body Game ($50,000 winner), April 2009 Top Sponsoring Coach, and a featured story in the 2010 P90X infomerical (#1 in the country). I work as a network marketer and public speaker for schools and corporations sharing my thoughts on health, wellness, weight loss, lifestyle, achievement, and success. I'd love to connect with you!!

Tommy has been on television, on videos and in the hearts of many who have followed this true leader.



I instantly liked Tommy when I met him on the football field while covering the Bellevue Redmen football team. He was a stud player and a beast on the field, but one of the nicest guys you will ever meet off the field. His passion for life, his passion for his friends, his passion for his job and his passion for the Redmen just make me smile.

Nobody deserves more success than Tommy!

Oh, and go Redmen!!

SONG OF THE DAY

"Wake Up In It," by my friend, Christi Paul. Check it out on iTunes.



The ever-talented Christi, a regular on CNN, also has a book out, "Love Isn't Supposed To Hurt."

You can check it out here:
http://www.amazon.com/Love-Isnt-Supposed-Hurt-Christi/dp/1414367376











No comments:

Post a Comment