Tuesday, August 21, 2012

ONE MILLION DOLLAR CHEETO?


So as I'm scrolling the internet while doing some research for my next book (at least, that's what I tell myself), I stumble across a gem on eBay. Somebody is looking to "earn" $1 Million for a Cheeto. (Try saying "One Million Dollars" like Dr. Evil in the "Austin Powers" movies. It makes it seem even more ridiculous.)

So, yeah, $1 Million for a Cheeto. True story.



Ahh, but this isn't your typical, mouth-watering Cheeto. This is a "Heart Rare-Collectible 1 of a kind 'Cheeto' Heart Smiles." So that's why the crunchy snack isn't just a couple bucks. No, it's in the shape of a heart...and a smile. So it makes sense to charge One Million Dollars (Dr. Evil voice while holding a pinky to my mouth) for it.

Here is the link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200570041013

My snack food of choice is usually the potato chip. Sometimes I will wander away from the chip and go the pretzel route. I like the little nuggets. Coincidetally, so do our dogs. But that's another story.

There's really never any "cool" or "odd" shapes when it comes to potato chips. I've never seen a heart-shaped potato chip. Or a smile. Or have I, but I just haven't noticed? That's it. I'm just going to have to increase my intake of chips and start looking for funny-shaped crunchy pieces of heaven.

After all, I owe it to my family. If I can land a chip that will bring us One Million Dollars (Dr. Evil voice), we could get that pool that we "need." Or that family-friendly Aston Martin I've had my eye on lately.


ACHIN' OVER AKIN

So, it doesn't really give me the warm fuzzies knowing that Rep. Todd Akin hails from the same city where we live now (Wildwood, Mo.). Akin, a member of the Republican Party, is the U.S. Representative for Missouri's 2nd congressional district.

I don't normally talk or write about politics. It's just not my bag, baby. But, his comments about "legitimate" rape left me scratching my head, and stewing just a bit.

Here is a good story on what Akin said when it came to his view of abortion:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/20/us/politics/todd-akin-provokes-ire-with-legitimate-rape-comment.html

In the interview, Akin said, "“If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something: I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be of the rapist, and not attacking the child.”

Shutting that whole thing down? What??

Missouri is the "Show Me" state. I need you to show me a little more common sense, Mr. Akin.


SHOUTOUT OF THE DAY

To my dog, Thor. Because he's resting beside me and it's the easiest shoutout to make at the moment.

SONG OF THE DAY

"Mr. Blue Sky," by ELO. I always feel good whenever I hear that song. ELO just flat out rocks.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. The writing on that Cheetoh's e-bay page was so compelling. "Good is the word "God" with an extra “O”! and "Take fantasy and turn it into reality!" Good thing I don't have a spare million dollars lying around, I'd snatch up that cheetoh ring.

    Didn't realize Akin was from your district. That's scary. It'll be even scarier if he's re-elected. That kind of thinking is so 19th Century. Let's have some real leadership, please. Say… I'd vote for you. Write in campaign! It's not too late!

    ReplyDelete