Monday, August 13, 2012

Post Olympic Hangover


I'm dragging today. Maybe it's because I didn't sleep very well. Maybe it's the excitement of the NFL season kicking off, and with it the hopes of the Cleveland Browns winning the Super Bowl. (I'll wait for you to quit laughing before I continue.)

Perhaps it's because I have Olympic Hangover. I'm rather bummed that the Games are finished.

My beautiful wife brought up an interesting question last night: What was your favorite part of the Olympics?

So, that got me to thinking. My favorite part was seeing my friend, Lauren Perdue (below), win a gold medal with her teammates in the 4x200 relay race. It was her first Olympics, so that's pretty darn impressive. I know she had a blast there, just by looking at her photos on Facebook. I can't wait to talk with Lauren more about her experiences in London, and I'll be sure to share some with you.



Other than that, my second favorite part of the Olympics was watching the U.S. beat Japan, 2-1, in the gold medal game in women's soccer. It was so cool to see Alex Morgan, Hope Solo, Abby Wambach and the rest of the U.S. team celebrate.

The swimming races were awesome. Some of the track events were spectacular. The volleyball and gymnastics were cool. And the synchronized swimming...well, I don't really understand that sport.

So what was your favorite part of the Olympics?


NFL

Speaking of the NFL, as I get ready to watch the Cowboys-Raiders game on Monday Night Football (even MNF preseason football rules), two of my buddies played in exhibition games last week. C.J. Wilson of the Green Bay Packers had one tackle in a 21-13 loss to the San Diego Chargers.

Terrance Copper of the Kansas City Chiefs had two catches for 16 yards (along with one tackle) in a 27-17 win over the Arizona Cardinals. Terrance took a hard hit by Adrian Wilson on one play. Wilson apparently hit Copper while Copper was a defenseless player. I'm going to check in on Terrance later to make sure he's okay.

I've know Terrance for 10 years and he's one of the nicest guys I've ever met. He even attended our wedding (below). It was pretty cool having an NFL player at our wedding!


POWERBALL

So the Powerball is up to $305 million. I'm going to play. I would whisk my lovely wife away to a wonderful vacation, and maybe buy a winter home in Hawaii, or Australia, or Italy.

What would you do if you won that kind of money?


SONG OF THE DAY

"Home" by Phillip Phillips


SHOUTOUT OF THE DAY

To my beautiful wife. Look at her in the photo above. She's awesome, right!?


 



No comments:

Post a Comment